Villa Kakatua offers a blissful retreat away from the madding crowds, but just metres from Canggu Beach on Bali’s south-west coast. Hidden behind private walls and resting amongst lush tropical gardens, this four-bedroom villa is perfect for families and groups seeking a quiet getaway.
Villa Kakatua (which means cockatoo) is a hidden gem for families and friends seeking a relaxed and comfortable holiday at an affordable price. Located right next door to sister Villa Kedidi, this four-bedroom villa is the epitome of simple luxury.
Beautifully designed in classic Balinese style the villa features timber pillars and high serapwood ceilings, garden bathrooms, traditional artefacts, a free-form swimming pool and lush tropical surrounds, home to a myriad of exotic plants and birdlife (you may even see a cockatoo.)
Just 100 metres from Canggu Beach and bordering rice fields and cow pastures, it is the ultimate getaway for those wishing to escape the frantic pace and traffic of nearby Seminyak. Catch a wave, build a sandcastle or be mesmerised by the setting sun – you will soon feel the peace and tranquillity the island is famous for.
Perfect for kids, the villa has everything you need from high chairs, baby cots and toddler-safe cutlery to pool fencing and swimming aids. The warm and hospitable staff are excellent with children and the in-house chefs are well-equipped to cater for the fussiest of eaters. Knowing the family is well cared gives adults more time to relax. Chill out in the poolside balé, pamper yourself with a spa treatment or enjoy a sunset cocktail at the 5-star Hotel Tugu next door – the list is endless. And for those who wish to venture further afield, a complimentary car and driver are at your disposal.
Truly your home-away-from-home, Villa Kakatua will embrace you with its character and charm. It’s no surprise that guests are eager to return year after year.
A private path bordered by plants and limestone carvings leads to Villa Kakatua’s traditional Balinese doors. Behind these doors guests are greeted by an aling-aling wall (a short partition wall which, according to religion, protects the villa from bad spirits), a fishpond and a bubbling water feature.
The main two-storey pavilion houses the master suite, one guest bedroom, the living area and the kitchen. Adjacent to this is the dining balé, and to the far side of that the other two guest bedrooms lie side by side below a thatched roof.
Each room faces the lagoon-style pool and lush gardens enabling guests to enjoy the peace and tranquillity from every angle, while those wishing to embrace the spiritual side of Bali can observe daily offerings being made to the gods at the villa’s very own garden temple.
At the heart of Villa Kakatua lies the lagoon-style salt water swimming pool surrounded by manicured lawns and lushly landscaped gardens. Every tropical plant you can think of is on display here, from flowering frangipanis to impressive fan palms and clinging stag-horn ferns.
The delightful poolside balé is the ideal place to soak up the atmosphere or indulge in a massage or spa treatment. If a suntan is your goal, then kick back on one of the poolside loungers, order an ice-cold drink, relax and enjoy.
- Main Living Area (Open-air living area, Ceiling fan)
- Bedroom 1 (Semi-outdoor ensuite bathroom with bathtub, King size bed with mosquito net, Air-conditioning & ceiling fan, Television with international channels & DVD player, Music docking station, Wardrobe with safety deposit box, Study desk, Terrace outside bedroom)
- Bedroom 2 (Ensuite bathroom King size bed with mosquito net, Air-conditioning & ceiling fan, Television with international channels & DVD player, Music docking station Wardrobe with safety deposit box, Terrace outside bedroom)
- Bedroom 3 (Semi-outdoor ensuite bathroom, King size bed with mosquito net, Air-conditioning & ceiling fan, Television with international channels & DVD player, Music docking station, Wardrobe with safety deposit box, Terrace outside bedroom)
- Kitchen and Dining (Semi open-air kitchen & dining area, Microwave, Conventional oven, Full-size refrigerator)
- Miscellaneous( Iron & ironing board available, Baby cot & high chair available)
- Services Performed by Staff Villa Manager (Cook, Guest, Services Assistant / Housekeeper, Swimming Pool Attendant, Garden Attendant)
- Property Outlook (Swimming pool views, Garden views)
- Swimming Pool Area (Private swimming pool, Swimming pool child safety fence available – charges apply, Bale’ (small Balinese gazebo), Poolside sunlounges with umbrellas)
- Parking and Storage (Private parking)
- Airport transfer (arrival only), Welcome drink upon arrival, Free Wi-Fi, Drinking water replenished daily, Coffee & tea Housekeeping service daily, Grocery shopping assistance (20% surcharge applies), Motor vehicle with driver for 8 hours per day (excludes cost of petrol)
Rates Table in Detail
|06/01/2019 – 01/02/2019||Low||2||408|
|02/02/2019 – 10/02/2019||High||5||678|
|11/02/2019 – 04/04/2019||Low||2||408|
|05/04/2019 – 16/04/2019||Shoulder||3||538|
|17/04/2019 – 21/04/2019||High||5||678|
|22/04/2019 – 14/06/2019||Low||2||408|
|15/06/2019 – 21/06/2019||Shoulder||3||538|
|22/06/2019 – 17/08/2019||High||5||678|
|18/08/2019 – 31/08/2019||Shoulder||3||538|
|01/09/2019 – 14/12/2019||Low||2||408|
|15/12/2019 – 25/12/2019||High||5||678|
|26/12/2019 – 04/01/2020||Peak||7||798|
|*all prices are in United States Dollars (USD) ++ plus additional tax and service charges|
- Adults: 6
- Amenities: Air conditioning, Dining area, Free WiFi, Private Parking, wadrobe
- View: Swimming pool views, Garden views
- Size: 3ft²
- Bed Type: King size bed
- Categories: Canggu Villas
- Prices per night: 500+
- Location: Canggu
Prices start at: $408 per night